- How much does a treehouse
- In general, most children's treehouses we
build cost between $4,000 - $20,000. If we
are building a larger tree-home for adults
or commercial purposes, prices can increase
above this range.
We understand that this is a very big range,
but it's quite difficult to pin the cost of
a typical treehouse when we don't really
build a typical treehouse over and over.
Each treehouse varies greatly depending many
factors such as:
- Type, size, and number trees
- Size, complexity and height of treehouse
- Matetials and hardware used
- Your location
- How long does it take to build
- Again, it really depends on what we are
building, but in general it might take
anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
- I think I want a treehouse!
What are the first steps?
- Once you've decided that you want a
treehouse and thought some about your
budget, the best way to get started is to contact
us and schedule a treehouse
consultation. This will jump start the
design process and give us chance to discuss
any ideas you might have.
Don't wait for summer to end!
- Do you charge for
- We can do free estimates over the phone
but for a site visit and consultation we do
charge a small fee to cover our time and
- Usually, during the consultation we gather
as much information from you about your
ideas for the project as we can. There's
often some brainstorming and initial
conceptualizing of what the treehouse will
be. From here we take these ideas and
develop them into a solid design proposal
for your treehouse.
- What kind of design services
do you offer?
- We can do very thorough treehouse design
work creating schematic drawings and 3D
renderings so you can see what your
treehouse is going to look like before it's
even built. (Be aware that the nature of
treehouses is to go with the flow, and
sometimes the best laid plans won't make
full sense up in the canopy. So we must
have a sense of flexibilty when trying to
build to plans in our living foundation.)
- Do you charge for your design
- The initial draft as well as one round of
slight alteratons and minor tweaking are
free. This first draft usually consists of a
conceptual 3D redering with a basic floor
plan schematic including any add-ons of
course) For any design work after this,
standard design rates would apply.
- I thought you were in the
- We were! We had four great years there and
have since moved to Louisville, KY. We can
still consult in the Baltimore/D.C. area and
will even build treehouses depending on the
project. See below.
- How far will you travel to
build a treehouse?
- This really depends on the project. Some
smaller projects don't really justify the
burden and cost of traveling, but the right
project can send us across the country.